Action
Research Project Title: Student Behavior/Student Discipline
Number
of AR Project Documented Hours: 84 Hours
AR
Project Summary (at least 250 words):
My research
project began by speaking to my principal about my research project. Since I do
not have any access to documents for discipline and referrals, my principal was
able to gain access to all of these documents and was able to email me only
what I needed to study and inform myself about my research project. Not only did I speak with my principal, but
she also advised me that I will need to speak with the assistant principals as
well because they also deal with student discipline. After that, I was able to re-read the faculty
and student handbook to understand more in depth why the student has been given
a referral and for how many days. I also
reviewed a list of students for the year 2011-2012 that were in school and had
gotten into trouble. The list consisted
of every student name with the number of referrals he/she has received. With this list, I was able to make a list of
how many students I wanted to overlook in each grade level. As I am gathering all of my data, I have
noticed that the names that I have chosen are not really showing up in the AC
room. By just relying on this small
information, my mind is wondering about these students. My questions are: 1) Has the student grown up
and matured, 2) Does the student realize the he/she does not need to mess up to
get anyone’s attention or impress his/her friends, and 3) What changes has
he/she made in his/her life. Other
questions that still concern me are:
There are still a few students that are still getting in trouble, 1)what
was the main reason for it, 2) What could he/she have done to prevent it from
happening, and 3) Did I think twice before I acted upon my reaction?
I still have much more data to gather, study and evaluate. I hope that in the end, I am able to discover
some information that I can use in the near future with the students and the
school.
No comments:
Post a Comment