|
Action Planning Template
|
||||
|
Goal: Determining the main reason why a
student miss behaves or gets into trouble.
|
||||
|
Action Steps(s):
|
Person(s) Responsible:
|
Timeline: Start/End
|
Needed Resources
|
Evaluation
|
|
Discussing research
plan with site supervisor
|
Mary Lou Rodriguez and
Noelia Valenzuela
|
August 6, 2012 –
August 10, 2012
|
Action Research Plan
and Internship Plan
|
N/A
|
|
Collecting data and
reviewing past history of students attending detention and behavior (a # of 7th, and 8th
grade)
|
Noelia Valenzuela,
PEIMS/Referral
Supervisor
|
August 27, 2012 –
October 5, 2012
|
Collecting and Review
last year records for the 7th and 8th grade students.
|
N/A
|
|
Review student
guidelines on Behavior/Discipline
|
Noelia Valenzuela
|
August 27, 2012 –
August 31, 2012
|
A.P. Solis Middle
School Student Handbook
|
N/A
|
|
Collecting data /
keeping record of 6th grade students going to AC
(1st time
at MS)
|
Noelia Valenzuela, and
AC Teacher(s)
|
August 27, 2012 –
December 14, 2012
|
Student Logging
Sign-In Sheet, PEIMS/Referral Supervisor
|
N/A
|
|
Monitoring Students
attending AC because of behavior/discipline (7th and 8th
Grade)
|
AC Teachers,
PEIMS/Referral Supervisor, Noelia Valenzuela
|
October 8, 2012 –
February 15, 2013
|
Student Logging
Sign-In Sheet, AC Teachers
|
N/A
|
|
Survey all Students in
AC classroom
|
Noelia Valenzuela and
AC Teacher(s)
|
August 27, 2012 –
February 15, 2013
|
Survey
|
N/A
|
|
Teacher/Student Evaluation
|
Noelia Valenzuela, PEIMS/Referral
Supervisor, Teachers
|
August 27, 2012 –
December 14, 2012
|
Evaluation Form
|
N/A
|
|
Collecting Student and
Teacher Survey and reviewing all data collected
|
Noelia Valenzuela
|
December 17, 2012 –
January 4, 2013
|
Surveys, Forms
|
N/A
|
|
Discussing all Behavior
problems, situations, and/or concerns with Teachers and Administration and
developing some strategies to improve student behavior and/or concerns
|
Noelia Valenzuela, Mary
Lou Rodriguez, and Teachers
|
February 15, 2013
|
2011-2012 Referral/AC
Records, Teacher/Student Evaluation, Student Survey, 2012-2013 Referral/AC
Records
|
Evaluating all
different strategies that can and may be used.
|
|
Applying some of the
strategies to the behavior to diminish student behavior in classroom and student attendance in AC
|
Teachers, Mary Lou Rodriguez, Noelia Valenzuela
|
February 18, 2013 –
April 30, 2013
|
Classroom Environment,
Student Discipline (Handbook), Teacher’s teaching styles, student behavior
|
Compare previous and
current classroom environment, teaching style, student behavior
|
|
Monitoring student
behavior and recording students attending AC.
|
AC Teacher(s), Noelia
Valenzuela
|
February 18, 2013 –
April 30, 2013
|
Teachers,
Administration, Surveys, recordkeeping
|
N/A
|
|
Write a paper or
produce a graph with Student Behavior (2011-2012 and 2012-2013)
|
Noelia Valenzuela
|
May 1, 2013 – May 31,
2013
|
Teacher and Student Surveys,
Forms, 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 records
|
N/A
|
|
Share the paper or
graph of Student Behavior with Administration
|
Noelia Valenzuela
|
June 3, 2013 – June 7,
2013
|
Teacher and Student
Surveys, Forms, 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 records
|
Administration
evaluating different behaviors and examining what strategies can be applied
to create better results
|
|
Write a
Self-Reflection on my research plan
|
Noelia Valenzuela
|
June 10, 2013 – July
31, 2013
|
2011-2012 and 2012 –
2013 records, Teacher/Student Surveys and evaluation, Forms, Sign In Sheet
|
N/A
|
Followers
Sunday, August 5, 2012
Action Research Plan
Below is a draft of my Action Research Plan. I thought that I had to have my supervisor revise it before I posted it for week 3, but I guess not. I read and re-read the overview, syllabus, and any other document that I had about my supervisor reviewing it, but I didn't find anything. What I did find was that this coming week (4) is the week where I have to have my supervisor review my action research plan. So below is my draft, but it looks pretty good. Hopefully, I'll find some more things to do, as I am conducting my plan. Lots of Luck and guidance to everyone and of course myself. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a great plan. I am looking forward to your results. It seems that discipline is an issue at your campus. More teachers should be involved in the process. I think that students might take ownership if they assisted in writing class rules. Just an idea that I have used in the past and students love it because whenever there was an infraction, I would remind them that I was not the one who wrote the rules. The students did and that made a HUGE difference.
ReplyDeleteI look forward to the results of your research. I would fix the misspelling in your goal: should be misbehaves. I added a second question to my goal that leads to where I'm going with it. So, once you find out why a student misbehaves, then what? What's the overall purpose of finding this out? What do you hope to achieve? I don't know if this is a necessary part of it, but it's a thought. I also agree with the previous comment. You might look into something called Capturing Kids' Hearts. It's all about building relationships with students and a part of it involves the students answering 4 key questions which lead to the development of a class contract that the class signs. Anytime an infraction occurs they are reminded of the contract and with a good facilitator in the beginning the students get pretty good at keeping each other in line.
ReplyDeleteHave you consider the home environment as a factor in your plan? The reason I asked, is some students have a rough home life or they are the caretakers of younger siblings while the parents have to work. You need to consider those students as well.
ReplyDeleteI hope that through your research we can then look at solutions to control behavior in the classroom. I feel that a huge issue for the problems in education is the lack of discipline in schools.
ReplyDelete